01704 514434

Terms and Conditions

We’ve compiled a short list of conditions and requirements for hirers of our vehicles.

  • Anyone with a new-style photo card license will also need to provide the paper part.
  • A deposit will be taken from your credit card before you leave. This will be cancelled on the van’s safe return.
  • We require Two forms of ID, sometimes including a passport for non-UK nationals.
  • The fuel tank should be returned at the same level as when it was hired.
  • Almost all hire vans up to and including Luton/box vans can be driven on a standard car license (Category B licence) as they will have a maximum gross/laden weight of 3.5 tonnes or less.
  • Anyone wishing to drive a 7.5t truck will need Category C1 entitlement on their licenses. (If you took your car test before 01/01/1997, you should already have this).
  • Anyone who has taken their car test since 01/01/1997 will need to take a separate category C1 test.

Please note that while we make every effort to keep this information up to date, we can’t guarantee that it is correct.

Please contact us directly if you have any questions.

We're nice people to deal with
Rydal Self Drive Logo
Credit Cards